Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

The fishermens topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalguy888

Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid of superman and Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: The fishermens topic Reply with quote

A topic to celibrate fish. Some people may think fishing is just the large boat and net that damages our ecosystem. I describe as just a version of fishing,im talking about fishing by rod and reel. My vision of what fishing means is being outdoors and enjoying nature with family and friends. For those people who like to fish this is a topic to share photos of your greatest catches,talk about the kinds of lakes and rivers you go to, and the tackle you had most succsess with.(tackle means your hooks,lures,bait,bobbers etc.)

To get this started,here is a photo of my brother in law and I with our catch of the day during memerial day weekend vaction 2011. Arfter a quick phot we released it and it swam on to do what it likes to do. This was on the culumbia river in eastern washington. the species we supsucted to be a whitefish and it is a bottomfeeder.

this was our first catch out of 2 during the trip. we spend hours from 7 am to 9 pm only breaking for food and water two days in a row just fishing chatting and relaxing.

Nature is closer than you think...

http://www.formspring.me/animalguy888

Last edited by animalguy888 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont fish cause i think it will hurt the fishes feelings. xD
ChrysalisWolfHero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught a big catfish once. :3 And tiny, tiny frogs, and a garter snake. (well, only the catfish with hook. XD) I prefer to use nets compared to hooks but you can't use nets for everything I guess.
animalguy888

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spark wrote:
i dont fish cause i think it will hurt the fishes feelings. xD

there is all ways catch and release. Each state in the US has its own set of strict rules set for evormental purposes. Such as here in my state we have three species tha look alike and live in the same place. They are the brook trout,bull troat,and dolly varden. brook trout were once imported from the eastern states,the other two are native and are considered indangered species and the brook trout is having an effect on this guys as well. So the encorage people to catch brook trout but you can have your liscence taken away or a 60 fine by the state for illegal harvest of the other two.

Last edited by animalguy888 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this has to do with animals I'll go ahead and move it to the Critter Cam and Animal News forum. ;D
animalguy888

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:
I caught a big catfish once. :3 And tiny, tiny frogs, and a garter snake. (well, only the catfish with hook. XD) I prefer to use nets compared to hooks but you can't use nets for everything I guess.

Nets can somtimes put a lot of stress on an animal so yo u should only use them when nessary. In some areas for that reason they prefer you do not net fish. In my state it is legel to net fish but it advised not to and should be a certain kind of net. By the way how big was the cat fish? I have never cought one before.

Mook

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back from a lake called Starvation, got a nasty sunburn on my face X.X

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkmoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah! You went to Starvation lake? As in michigan? thats the one i go to sometimes and i found a dead coytoe (frozen foam at mouth Sad ) and bunches of blueberries XD not so starved is it Razz

but i mainly go to Frog Lake. Catch worms in my back yard at night and the next day use them and what do you get? Free dinner Very Happy if only larger fish bit the worms or minnows. On the shores it gets deep quickly so some small and large mouth bass are so close you can watch them take your hook Very Happy its awesome! Same with blue gill in the reeds ^-^ to bad theres SO MANY BUGS horsefiles... pff *rifle clicks*

moon-blade-dragons.deviantart.com
Mook

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not that lake, the one we went to is just called Starvation. It was really dry and hot, plenty of lizards to chase XD I found out the hard way that some lizards hiss O.O it was scary

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zelda0909

Location: Sitting in a tree thinking of something clever to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never but it looks fun. Sitting around for something to bite a metal hook. Razz sounds like my kind of hobby. XD

Mook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing is the 1 thing i don't have patience for 0-0

<-- Click Da Llama!
Zelda0909

Location: Sitting in a tree thinking of something clever to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol My granpa siad he would take me ice fising someday.

ChrysalisWolfHero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalguy888 wrote:
ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:

Nets can somtimes put a lot of stress on an animal so yo u should only use them when nessary. In some areas for that reason they prefer you do not net fish. In my state it is legel to net fish but it advised not to and should be a certain kind of net. By the way how big was the cat fish? I have never cought one before.

Then I don't know what's worse, being trapped in a net for a few seconds (if you're a catch-and-release person who cares about the animal) or a hook possibly through the eye/gill.

Oh man that was yeeaars ago, back when I was in New York. I haven't gone fishing since I moved here (five years, man. FIVE T-T ) sooo I don't remember. XD But it was pretty big, it fit in both of my palms when my hands were slightly spread apart.
animalguy888

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:
ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:

Then I don't know what's worse, being trapped in a net for a few seconds (if you're a catch-and-release person who cares about the animal) or a hook possibly through the eye/gill.

Oh man that was yeeaars ago, back when I was in New York. I haven't gone fishing since I moved here (five years, man. FIVE T-T ) sooo I don't remember. XD But it was pretty big, it fit in both of my palms when my hands were slightly spread apart.

seems like it would be a nice catch. Were I live the state encourges fishermen to avaid even touching the fish in the eye or gill. actually hooks ar not ment to go in the eye. simply the fish just eats the bait you give a slight tug to set the hook,then reel it in. The encourage you to use a dehooker to gently take the hook out of the mouth. Often there is very little harm to both the fish and the fishermen.

ChrysalisWolfHero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalguy888 wrote:
ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:
ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:

seems like it would be a nice catch. Were I live the state encourges fishermen to avaid even touching the fish in the eye or gill. actually hooks ar not ment to go in the eye. simply the fish just eats the bait you give a slight tug to set the hook,then reel it in. The encourage you to use a dehooker to gently take the hook out of the mouth. Often there is very little harm to both the fish and the fishermen.

It was, but my dad wouldn't let me handle it much, because, well, it's a catfish. XD

Oh, I know they're not MEANT to go in those places. XD I just meant that it does happen, and I think it's terrible. >:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: