Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

8 tigers and 2 jaguars seized from property!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mook

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: 8 tigers and 2 jaguars seized from property! Reply with quote

Update on saving the Cancun Tigers
November 11th 2010

For over two years LCA’s investigations have diligently worked with Pat Craig’s Rocky Mountain Wild Animal Sanctuary and GEPDA (Group Education to Protect and Defend Animals) in Mexico to free several tigers from a makeshift zoo in Cancun, known as Pepe’s Tigers. Together we have made a sustained effort to convince PROFEPA, the government agency that oversees wild animals there, to revoke the license of the owner, Juarez “Pepe” Gil, and have the tigers transported to the care of the sanctuary.

On October 15, 2010 LCA learned that 5 tiger cubs were born from one of the female tigers, Tabitha, who is confined in a ramshackle zoo owned by “Pepe.” It was rumored at the time that the sire of the cubs is “Satan”, a “brother” of Tabatitha.

Immediately, LCA swung into action on the ground there to document the birth and the condition of the tigers in general. Three of the tiger cubs quickly perished due to basic neglect. Pepe had pulled the cubs from the mother prematurely to display in the window of his closed down restaurant to plead for donations for his own purposes. One of the two remaining cubs was being treated by a local vet, but Pepe’ refused to allow continued care and that cub perished the next day.

One month later, only one cub remains alive, periodically put on display in a barren storefront window

Two days ago, LCA learned that a worker who was inside Pepe’s dilapidated ranchero where other tigers were kept in substandard conditions, including a rare Sumatran tiger, was attacked by Satan, the father of the cubs. Pepe’ claimed the worker was a thief. The Mexican police thought otherwise. Pepe’ was briefly detained after he managed to get Satan back into the enclosure. The worker is recovering in a local hospital.

LCA has been working diligently at a solution to end the suffering of these animals. We can’t do it without your help. Please donate as generously as you can to LCA and the other organizations seeking to free the Cancun tigers, especially GEPDA which greatly needs financial assistance right now! Click on the following links for more information.

To read LCA's previous Alert about Pepe & The Cancun Tigers CLICK HERE

ABC News Story- Mexico Battle Over Cancun Tigers Close To Climax
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=12116753

Wild Animal Sanctuary
www.wildanimalsanctuary.org

GEPDA
www.gepda.org

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arma

Location: Looking at you through my window... *Quickly ducks down as you look over your shoulder*

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes only 12 tigers in the world left.
Boohoo.

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awws, thats a bummer x.x

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lexiestarz :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they would leave the tigers alone mybe there would be more of a population >:/ Stupid zoo keepers. They dont even give the pups/cubs of any animal to the mothers. They take them when there first born, weigh them get all stats and keep them for awhile. Leave them alone!

Alexander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe if they were smart enough to actually know how to help the tiger population grow would help. These people are far too stupid to even consider taking care of cubs or even helping the population grow. I have no idea how to take care of tiger cubs and I BET I could do a much better job than that.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander wrote:
Or maybe if they were smart enough to actually know how to help the tiger population grow would help. These people are far too stupid to even consider taking care of cubs or even helping the population grow. I have no idea how to take care of tiger cubs and I BET I could do a much better job than that.

I agree, taking it away from it's mother isn't helping. More like making it worse, the mother had those cubs for a reason ; To care and love them.. They can't do that with the way they take them away right from birth.

Alexander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexiestarz Very Happy wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I agree, taking it away from it's mother isn't helping. More like making it worse, the mother had those cubs for a reason ; To care and love them.. They can't do that with the way they take them away right from birth.

Right from birth? Heh.. very wrong move. What immature, filthy people. I hope people like them don't have babies. They are illogical enough to do such horrible things to these cubs, so I could only imagine what they would do to their own.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Right from birth? Heh.. very wrong move. What immature, filthy people. I hope people like them don't have babies. They are illogical enough to do such horrible things to these cubs, so I could only imagine what they would do to their own.

I watched a video on Animal Planet about wolves, and the mother had her pups, and right at birth they took the pups. :/ Right from the den after coaxing the mother out. ( AKA Forcing her )

Alexander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I watched a video on Animal Planet about wolves, and the mother had her pups, and right at birth they took the pups. :/ Right from the den after coaxing the mother out. ( AKA Forcing her )

That's funny because the female wolf is usually so aggressive when she has her pups that not even the alpha male can come in or she'll probably tear his head off.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ Just sayin what i saw on T.V

Alexander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ Just sayin what i saw on T.V

Oh no, I wasn't pointing it out on you, I was agreeing with you. I personally thought the wolf would've done the same to the humans.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought you were thinking I was lieing.... Heh...... Anyway, they need to leave cubs/pups alone with any species. They dont get how thats effecting them. They put them back awhile after, but take them back again :c

Alexander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I mean, these mothers are there to do their motherly job. They don't need our help. These mothers LIVE for their children. They aren't some useless female that's only used for breeding or whatever their weird logic seemed to think of them. Even for things like measuring the cubs isn't needed.

It's kind of like taking a child away from a mother right after birth (a human mother). It's illogical and not needed.

Quagga

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize, however, that it's also to help ensure that the young are healthy? They don't want to lose the young. Yes, keeping them with their mothers is a good thing indeed, however sometimes even parents turn against their young, or things can be avoided even with the help of humans.

What about the one baby of a litter that gets pushed aside and can't be taken care of by the mother because the siblings push it aside? What if it is too weak to move? What if it falls ill, and later dies because of some sickness that could have been seen, prevented, and/or cured if they had only been paying attention and watching more closely?

The people are there to increase their chances of survival. That is all. They do not purposefully steal them away just to be mean and cruel. They monitor the young to make sure that they are healthy. It may be a bit distressing to the mother, but they're returned, are they not?

Other times the mom is not experienced, or she poses a threat, or is sick, or simply abandons them. There are good reasons, it's not just to be mean, cruel, inhumane monsters.

formspring

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quagga wrote:
You do realize, however, that it's also to help ensure that the young are healthy? They don't want to lose the young. Yes, keeping them with their mothers is a good thing indeed, however sometimes even parents turn against their young, or things can be avoided even with the help of humans.

What about the one baby of a litter that gets pushed aside and can't be taken care of by the mother because the siblings push it aside? What if it is too weak to move? What if it falls ill, and later dies because of some sickness that could have been seen, prevented, and/or cured if they had only been paying attention and watching more closely?

The people are there to increase their chances of survival. That is all. They do not purposefully steal them away just to be mean and cruel. They monitor the young to make sure that they are healthy. It may be a bit distressing to the mother, but they're returned, are they not?

Other times the mom is not experienced, or she poses a threat, or is sick, or simply abandons them. There are good reasons, it's not just to be mean, cruel, inhumane monsters.

The mother will either kill/remove the ill or sick young one because she knows it wont make it. Its life, and it goes on. It doesnt mean you take them away from her. It's cruel and wroung.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: