Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

Backyard birds :D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evanish

Location: In what is a wonderful, three divisioned Volunteer State. I love it here in the Southeast.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda0909 wrote:
I saw a cute little bird. I think it was a sparrow. What kind of birds have black heads?

The only one I know is the California Black-Capped Chickadee and the Black-hooded Warbler, which doesn't really have a black head, but has a black head. Same with the chickadee. :P
ID: 60040.
-----------------------------------------------------

Drew my avatar and that thing up there. ↑
Zelda0909

Location: Sitting in a tree thinking of something clever to say.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it in a bird book. I googled it. http://www.backyardbirdingshop.com/black_capped_chickadee.jpg Thier black capped chikadees. (: thier fluffy and cute and i see them everyday in my yard.

animalguy888

Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid of superman and Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda0909 wrote:
I saw it in a bird book. I googled it. http://www.backyardbirdingshop.com/black_capped_chickadee.jpg Thier black capped chikadees. (: thier fluffy and cute and i see them everyday in my yard.
I have also seen a few of these birds. Though they are not all black heads like the photo of the darkeyed junco I took. In fact male darkeyed juncos have black heads while females have more of a light brown to their head.

Nature is closer than you think...

http://www.formspring.me/animalguy888
Zelda0909

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats what the book siad/showed too.

LunaWolf

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a barred owl on the way into the house. He hooted at me. Very Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppKGJD3Y6c
Mook

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG i'm so jealous Luna o.o i love owls and i've never seen one around my house,but they live around here.

I also seen some very tiny birds in my yard eatting our chicken feed,but i couldn't get close enough for a picture...

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
animalguy888

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mook wrote:
OMG i'm so jealous Luna o.o i love owls and i've never seen one around my house,but they live around here.

I also seen some very tiny birds in my yard eatting our chicken feed,but i couldn't get close enough for a picture...

I have never seen owls,but i have see bats. In fact every sumer we get a group of bats at in our neighborhood one night it will be at my house and we would whatch them fly out in the evening. every few week the bats would switch housed and and stop in make a house their home. They will move from house to house each time but remain in my neigborhood. Come fall the bats are long gone. In the spring we get this woodpecker every that is constantly wakeing us up in the early morning pecking at our chimney. year round we see bald eagles. (the american symbol of freedom) We live walking distance from a lake thats why. We see these eagle at a low distance low enough to see talons,beak,body,and body color. Just two days ago while outside my house enjoying some spring sunshine we saw a bald eagle curcling above. I knew right away what was happening. apearntly the eagle had pinned down a prey item. all the smaller birds were clearing the way by then. Im guessing the smaller birds did not have getting eatin by a eagle on their daily to do list.

Evanish

Location: In what is a wonderful, three divisioned Volunteer State. I love it here in the Southeast.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalguy888 wrote:
Mook wrote:

I have never seen owls,but i have see bats. In fact every sumer we get a group of bats at in our neighborhood one night it will be at my house and we would whatch them fly out in the evening. every few week the bats would switch housed and and stop in make a house their home. They will move from house to house each time but remain in my neigborhood. Come fall the bats are long gone. In the spring we get this woodpecker every that is constantly wakeing us up in the early morning pecking at our chimney. year round we see bald eagles. (the american symbol of freedom) We live walking distance from a lake thats why. We see these eagle at a low distance low enough to see talons,beak,body,and body color. Just two days ago while outside my house enjoying some spring sunshine we saw a bald eagle curcling above. I knew right away what was happening. apearntly the eagle had pinned down a prey item. all the smaller birds were clearing the way by then. Im guessing the smaller birds did not have getting eatin by a eagle on their daily to do list.

Same here!
ID: 60040.
-----------------------------------------------------

Drew my avatar and that thing up there. ↑
umbreongirl2

Location: Sailing the black pearl next to captain jack sparrow, singing random pirate songs

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATEENTCION! I have been informed tehre are TWOO nested in my backyard. One is a mockingbird, one is a bluejay. If i can find it, i will take pictures. I repeat. I WILL take pictures.

IM A PROUD JACKABOO!

...Savvy?
~Cat lova 4EVA~
<3
Arma

Location: Looking at you through my window... *Quickly ducks down as you look over your shoulder*

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get bald eagles alot. But in the end they're always chased off by the seagulls or crows

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I opened thye window to be welcomed by the chirps of my chikidee buddies outside. I hate the city -_-'.

animalguy888

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda0909 wrote:
This morning I opened thye window to be welcomed by the chirps of my chikidee buddies outside. I hate the city -_-'.

Last weekend my dad and I were working on our trailer stored at a friend house for our camping vacation comeing in one or two weeks. Their property is large and has a good amount of forested area.(Its across the street from a lake. I live just up the road and down a hill from there. Though my place is not as forested and is a smaller property.) Right as we were packing up the tools a small robin type bird was in a branch above us. It just stared chirping at us and did not seem to think much of us. It flew off after a few minutes. Then when we left to run go to the store from there it started rianing like crazy. It had been sunny all day so at the time I was in a short sleaved shirt and a pair of geans. I think the bird we saw was something like a spotted towhee. Wish I had my camera at the time. the bird was pretty and it would have made a great wildlife photo.

Quote:
I hate the city
I dont really like citys that much either. In fact on the way to a docters appointment last week I noticed that a logging company is going to cut down a section of forest that I have always enjoyed. But this company is good. Every tree they cut down they go and plant three or five new ones in the some area. In fact the company planted the section of forested area themselves.

Also on saturday I spotted two birds on the entrance to my porch as well as one in a bush by the shed.

Mook

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalguy888 wrote:

I have never seen owls,but i have see bats. In fact every sumer we get a group of bats at in our neighborhood one night it will be at my house and we would whatch them fly out in the evening. every few week the bats would switch housed and and stop in make a house their home. They will move from house to house each time but remain in my neigborhood. Come fall the bats are long gone. In the spring we get this woodpecker every that is constantly wakeing us up in the early morning pecking at our chimney. year round we see bald eagles. (the american symbol of freedom) We live walking distance from a lake thats why. We see these eagle at a low distance low enough to see talons,beak,body,and body color. Just two days ago while outside my house enjoying some spring sunshine we saw a bald eagle curcling above. I knew right away what was happening. apearntly the eagle had pinned down a prey item. all the smaller birds were clearing the way by then. Im guessing the smaller birds did not have getting eatin by a eagle on their daily to do list.[/quote]

Hehe bats XD brings back memories....

When i was like....4 or 5 i picked up a dead bat and brought it home. I sat it on the kitchen table, my mom just loved it XD (Not.)

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zelda0909

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. in the city we get chikadees and... well... chikadees... and... Dumb city nioses.

animalguy888

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda0909 wrote:
lol. in the city we get chikadees and... well... chikadees... and... Dumb city nioses.

I live in the suburbs. We get lots of birds here. suburbs can be pretty. My uncle used to live on farmland but then he got a pramotion and a job switch he's now a police cheif in a more suburban place I believe. farmland is the best place to live in my opinion. theres wide open spaces and lots of wildlife. Lots more animals includeing barkyard birds campared to urban. I once saw two hawks at once their as well as plenty of small birds like sparrows,chikadees etc.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: