Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

Dophins should be treated as "non human persons"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raptor



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 672

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceshipRat wrote:
Seems a thread can't keep on topic for long in here.


That's what happens on most forums.
_________________
Atheism: The Only Non-Prophet Organization
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceshipRat



Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not really...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raptor



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 672

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceshipRat wrote:
No, not really...


I've been online for over ten years. It's a rule of the internet that forum threads eventually derail. Just like it's a rule that the longer a post is, the less likely people will read it.
_________________
Atheism: The Only Non-Prophet Organization
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceshipRat



Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shifting topic is something, degenerating into a flame war is something else entirely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vargen Saphia



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 2567
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know why people get's sad when some animals get killed, and not when some others dies.
It's because of cuteness.

Haven't you noticed something about baby animals mostly people think is cute? It's because of their head shape, size, and the eyes.

It's because they look a bit like humans babies. Normally their head has about the same size compared to the body as a kitten / baby cat has.

And some people are afraid of spiders, sankes and / or ants, and that's because it's an instinct passed down from the humans ancients.

Spiders and snakes are predators, and some of them has big hairy legs, or a black big mouth with huge teeth. And since poison is dangerous to humans, the ancients gave us an instinct that says ''keep away from spiders and snakes, they're dangerous''.

And mostly people that I know are / have been afraid of what they don't know about.

If there were a person in your home at night when you're asleep, and you suddenly hear something from the room next to you, I'm sure you'd feel a bit scared of what that made the noise. Like small childrens that are afraid of ghosts and monsters under their bed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raptor



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 672

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceshipRat wrote:
Shifting topic is something, degenerating into a flame war is something else entirely.


This is far from a flame war. Lol. This is actually pretty mild.

Neutral if there was someone in the house, I'm fairly sure I'd hear them breaking in/dogs going off. I'd be getting the gun.
_________________
Atheism: The Only Non-Prophet Organization
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceshipRat



Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a story about a guy that shot a relative in the garden because he thought it was a burglar.

Saphia: true, some people feel sorry only for the cute animals, I but also the more rare an animal is the more people feel for it, for example, nobody really likes pigeons, even though people usually think birds are a nice thing.

Me I really try not to kill anything, or through inaction let something get killed, (but no, I'm not a robot, lol) though sometimes I'll give up in frustration in front of mosquitoes, or a stupid fly that doesen't want to get out.
You might think I'm a softie, but really, it's more about respect in front of nature.

PS. Ravens and crows are cool. Even if there's thousands of them togheder. They just are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Døøm Dragøn



Joined: 20 Jul 2009
Posts: 8500
Location: In world of complete utter choas, oh, how grand!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a couple years back everyone hated wolves because they ate cute animals but hey if you had to people would think you were big and bad too.
_________________
My Minion Army!
<---Click?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yanaba



Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 31
Location: Lovely tree state, Maine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DøømDråg€n wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Animals are animals and should be treated as such.


I wish I could throw you into a cage and watch you say that to the cramped in bear's face! Smile


I agree Doom Wink
_________________
Get well soon my baby boy <3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raptor



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 672

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanaba wrote:
DøømDråg€n wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Animals are animals and should be treated as such.


I wish I could throw you into a cage and watch you say that to the cramped in bear's face! Smile


I agree Doom Wink


Clearly you didn't bother to read the entire thread. Also, bringing back really old threads tends to be a no-no.
_________________
Atheism: The Only Non-Prophet Organization
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vargen Saphia



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 2567
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with brining back old threads in this forum.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

This system provided by Web Earth Online © 2007 TSD Inc.