Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

Dophins should be treated as "non human persons"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vargen Saphia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
Vargen Saphia wrote:
It's not a msitake, I was replying to the fact that Raptor qouted me where I said that humans are egoistic and replyed that I was sick because I were self loathing, wich I was not since I posted 'the egoistic humans' and Raptor replyes that's self loathing, wich means Rsptor thinks I'm an egoistic person!

No, I'm referring to the fact that you put "do not respect me or other lifeforms." You're human, therefore, since you hate humans so much, you must also hate yourself. Additionally, since you have issues admitting that you're human and seem to live in a fantasy world where you're aren't, that too says that you have issues that need to be resolve with psychiatric help.

Admitting something doesn't mean that is is true. And I only hate egoistic people because why would I hate others? May be YOU is the psycho here!
You appearntly aren't more mature than me, since you always says I'm sick only because I'm thinking a different way than you do. May be my way is better than your own way, and you don't even know my way!
If you're not sure about what I mean, don't post that I'm sick noly because you can't do it. And I bet you have better things to do than just having fun by being mean to me, or do you not have a job or something? What a surprise that would be Rolling Eyes . I bet that nobody wants to give you a job. Rolling Eyes There are other people out there. And I see no reason to why you should be mean to me in the first place, except doing it for fun, wich may be is a serious reason for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I'm in college, I have little time for a job, and certainly no desire to have one at the moment (and so you know, I only go to colelgw twice a week: tuesdays and thursdays). Nope, I'm saying that you're ill because it's what a psychologist would say. I understand fully on what you're saying, although, it's clear that half the time you don't understand what I'm saying.
Vargen Saphia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm sick or not, IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

We are getting off topic.

P.S. You spelled collage wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargen Saphia wrote:
If I'm sick or not, IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

We are getting off topic.

P.S. You spelled collage wrong.

So did you ;D

Collage= group of things such as a collage of pictures.
College= where people go for additional education.
Vargen Saphia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If dolphins like the treatment they have in Kolmården ( a swedish zoo ), where they treat them really good ( since they always seems happy and are playing around + they have 1-3 babies ), it shouldn't be changed.

But if they're treated on a way they don't like, I'd beter stop it if it was I who treated them like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big post coming!

There's various kinds of intelligence. some animals can performs feats that are incredible to us, take the innate capabilities of the homing pigeon, and monkeys are much faster han humans at some logic or recognition games.
The kind of intelligence humans should be concerned about is "social" intelligence, because that's where what humans call the best qualities: friendship, love, altruism and cooperation come from. Dolphins mght not be able to solve equations, but they have an almost human social intelligence!
To prove this:
A very easy example is generalized altruism: Humans exibit a strange kind of altruism, towards all other humand and also some animas: you feel sorry for the poor, or a sick puppy, even if they don't have your genetic material! Why did evolution select this strange behaviour?*
Dolphins also famously show this aberrant(="wrong") behaviour: they'll save drowning animals or humans as if they were baby dolphins in trouble. it is an evolutionary mistake that is nonetheless an advantage because of how their society works.
And if this generalized altruism works for both, it means there's somehing important in common betwen humans and dolphins!

*note: if you don't, it's a result of our overcrowded society, indifference in front of suffering is a defense mechanism that sadly some humans employ.

Captive dolphins cannot and should not be released, for it's unlikely they'll adapt to live in the wild, they should still be given the best possible treatment. it is not "evil" to make them perform in shows, as it gives them something to do, and mental stimulation is just as important to an intelligent animal as "all the fish"!! Even a dog or cat suffers without food for the mind the more intelligent an animal the more cares it must recieve in that respect.

Wild dolphins should be kept safe against hunting and chemical/noise pollution. We don't have the right to make animals suffer for our own good. I understand eating meat, (and might even pass on hunting of normal prey animals, as long as it's regulated and doesen't reduce the wild population or it's genetic fitness.) But dumping s*** on animals that are almost as intelligent as us because we can't be bothered to clean up where we walk, that's at the very least unethical. And stupid.
Døøm Dragøn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a good point there. It would suck to be a mouse in a pet store that with either get eaten by a snake or die of sickness.
Raptor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DøømDråg€n wrote:
You made a good point there. It would suck to be a mouse in a pet store that with either get eaten by a snake or die of sickness.

-face palm- Snakes have to eat too. Unlike dogs and cats, there's not a ready made snake food. Although, I have to say that snakes are a lot more humane with their prey than cats. Cats often times will play with their prey until they finally get bored and kill it..Or they'll start eating the prey item alive.
Døøm Dragøn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh it's the circle of life. I don't want the wolves and preditors to die too. The hunters seem to have a harder life then the prey. Well the big prey...
SpaceshipRat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DøømDråg€n wrote:

Who, me? where?
Lady

Location: In chocolate chip cookie land, crying tears of joy as my favorite cookies fall into my hands. c:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargen Saphia wrote:
If dolphins like the treatment they have in Kolmården ( a swedish zoo ), where they treat them really good ( since they always seems happy and are playing around + they have 1-3 babies ), it shouldn't be changed.

But if they're treated on a way they don't like, I'd beter stop it if it was I who treated them like that.

seriously, guys, you don't have to argue everywhere. Just forget it and ignore this post if your gonna do a rude reply... (Not trying to be a mini mod, it's just that this is getting annoying)

If you dislike something.. eat it. ~My idiotic brain
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
SpaceshipRat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady123 wrote:
seriously, guys, you don't have to argue everywhere. Just forget it and ignore this post if your gonna do a rude reply... (Not trying to be a mini mod, it's just that this is getting annoying)

Who, me? where??
BlackRose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceshipRat wrote:
Who, me? where??

No, you're not doing anything wrong, She's talking about Raptor and Saphia's fights. -.-
Døøm Dragøn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reframming due to the risk of getting involvied.
SpaceshipRat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a thread can't keep on topic for long in here.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: