Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

The fishermens topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalguy888

Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid of superman and Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:
ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:
ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:
I caught a big catfish once. :3 And tiny, tiny frogs, and a garter snake. (well, only the catfish with hook. XD) I prefer to use nets compared to hooks but you can't use nets for everything I guess.

Nets can somtimes put a lot of stress on an animal so yo u should only use them when nessary. In some areas for that reason they prefer you do not net fish. In my state it is legel to net fish but it advised not to and should be a certain kind of net. By the way how big was the cat fish? I have never cought one before.

Then I don't know what's worse, being trapped in a net for a few seconds (if you're a catch-and-release person who cares about the animal) or a hook possibly through the eye/gill.

Oh man that was yeeaars ago, back when I was in New York. I haven't gone fishing since I moved here (five years, man. FIVE T-T ) sooo I don't remember. XD But it was pretty big, it fit in both of my palms when my hands were slightly spread apart.

seems like it would be a nice catch. Were I live the state encourges fishermen to avaid even touching the fish in the eye or gill. actually hooks ar not ment to go in the eye. simply the fish just eats the bait you give a slight tug to set the hook,then reel it in. The encourage you to use a dehooker to gently take the hook out of the mouth. Often there is very little harm to both the fish and the fishermen.

It was, but my dad wouldn't let me handle it much, because, well, it's a catfish. XD

Oh, I know they're not MEANT to go in those places. XD I just meant that it does happen, and I think it's terrible. >:

yeah no one wants a hook in their eye. I also do not think it is the best when things like that happen. many rules across the US have been set to protect bothe the fish and other wildlife as well as the people. If you google Fishing in -put state here- one of the results will be the local website for the state with a list of rules,liscencing info,and sometimes local wildlife whatchcams. I live in the state of washington so this would all be in this site here. http://wdfw.wa.gov/

another example would be... lets say... arizona! the website would be http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/fishing.shtml

Nature is closer than you think...

http://www.formspring.me/animalguy888
Alrai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the other day me and my friend took our kayaks out on the lake and fished from them. Caught 10 or bluegill and 3 walleye. The walleye were quite tasty. I find fishing with a partner is much more fun. That way they can back you up when you return home and tell crazy stories about that giant fish you caught but had to let go Wink
ChrysalisWolfHero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrai wrote:
Just the other day me and my friend took our kayaks out on the lake and fished from them. Caught 10 or bluegill and 3 walleye. The walleye were quite tasty. I find fishing with a partner is much more fun. That way they can back you up when you return home and tell crazy stories about that giant fish you caught but had to let go Wink

Bahaha. XD I miss the little lake we went to to fish. Sad There were rabbits there, turtles (including snappers), PLENTY of fish on a good day, and rarely we saw raccoons. Smile (and lots of deer, but not in that particular area)
Alrai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to fish on Lake Delton a lot. Perhaps you've heard of it, it was on national news a couple years ago.. There was massive flooding in The Dells, and the lake blew out one of it's shores and ran into the Wisconsin River. I was standing in the lake when that happened actually Razz Watched the houses crumble into the water, pretty interesting story. Anyways, the lake was just a big muddy basin for a year or so. You spoke of missing your pond, so I figured I'd share about how I completely lost a lake. xD

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww326/Hrilla/LakeDeltonDrain1.jpg
Needless to say the fishing that year was pretty bad...
Darkmoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>.< now i want to go fishing Razz but i gots ta do other stuff :c

moon-blade-dragons.deviantart.com
animalguy888

Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid of superman and Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from clark lake. Its a nice and peacful lake with plants,birds everywere,a woodland trail etc. even though its not my usual o bald eagle holdind lake meridian. Just like lake meridian the visitors,(usally the ones that do live farther away)fill it with trash. Such as card board,boxes,bottle,bottle caps,plastic etc. Even with all that fish and other nature can still be found at every corner of that lake. But it makes a little less peacful for both the person and the nature of your trying to enjoy but are disterbed by all the trash. Anyway... overall we had very little succsess today,but theres always next time. Though somthing did literaly snap/bite my metal hook in half with a large tug! Other than that one moment we were only catching lakeweed that we threw back,and the water itself. My brother in law and I ended up calling it a day and came to my place for independance day dinner. Best of all are the fireworks. Its the one day of the year you can legaly and lawfully blow things up.

Nature is closer than you think...

http://www.formspring.me/animalguy888
Mook

Location: Walking through a random store hitting strangers on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, a lake near by my home is really high this year. Usually the water level is exteremely low, I can go cliff diving! Very Happy

the fish that live in the lake are freaky, they are called Tiger Muskies.

<-- Click Da Llama!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: