Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

8 tigers and 2 jaguars seized from property!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexiestarz :D

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthernStar wrote:
Lexiestarz Very Happy wrote:
I realy have to disagree with Quagga. Even though there helping, they still shouldnt. I understand about the decline in species of a /curtian/ type of animal, but still. You dont take a cub/pup away from its mother. Same with humans, I mean its not right.

They take them away near birth (Though I'm pretty sure not ALL zoos do that.) to check to see if anything wrong happened during birth of develepment while in the mother's womb. Some of the things I bet they check for is worms, disease, diabete's(?), and cancer. They do this to make sure the young grow up healthily to see their own cubs/pups/chicks grow up happily. I'm pretty sure they return them after the health checks. Otherwise, I can just say their crazy.(I'm also sure that they'd leave the young with their mother for atleast 1 or 2 hours before the health check, of course, otherwise I'll say they're crazy too.) I think they take away the baby from the (human)mother to do the health checks too. And they bring the mother with the baby. But of course with animals they can't do that or the (animal)mother will just go crazy as she doesn't understand the situation.

They take them a bit after, but still. let the mother do her thing for a couple of days. If you see a problem within those days, take care of it. Most zoo's put a camera in the mothers den to watch the birth.

Quagga

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexiestarz :D wrote:
They take them a bit after, but still. let the mother do her thing for a couple of days. If you see a problem within those days, take care of it. Most zoo's put a camera in the mothers den to watch the birth.

And those few days could have been extremely vital to help the young. If there's breathing issues, that baby is guaranteed dead.

In this case however, the conditions for the animals weren't suitable for even adults, let alone cubs. When the requirements for animals are not met, then there is an issue - I will agree on that much, at least.

formspring
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: