Web Earth Online Forum Index Web Earth Online
User discussion and support forum for Web Earth Online, Home Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log inLog in 

Animal News - Wolves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raptor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relocation isn't always the best. In most cases, it's a death sentence. The animal isn't familiar with the terrain, not to mention, it'll probably be killed by the other wolf packs.
FireCardinal

Location: In my thinking room, trying the figure out why you want to know where I am.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's also captivity. That's not always the best either, but I think people should at least consider what might be better for a wolf before killing it.

Also, humans aren't the only ones to drive another species extinct. According to science, when Central America rose to connect the Americas, a lot of species moves south (Cats, dogs, monkeys, etc.) and started wiping out the species already living there, because there were more advanced. The native species simply couldn't stand up to them. The same goes for people, so think about that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think about my livestock and animals first before wild animals.
Vargen Saphia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the humans that destroyed the earth, and were cruel against other species because they think it's fun. They kill because they can, not only because they need it. And I don't think that they would like that they animals would behave like humans, and that the humans behaved like the animals they kill. It's like playing a sport with thoose who are much younger and weaker than you ( for example indoor - bandy ).
Then you shall be nice against them, so that they don't get hurted or get's sad.

But the humans is in that game, like if they were the best player of that sport in the world, and didn't care if the others get's hurted or even die.
They like to hurt them. They are cruel.

This doesn't mean all humans, but it doesn't mean only some of them either.

Location: In my thinking room, trying the figure out why you want to know where I am.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: I only said that someone should consider something better than killing the wolf, nothing about the livestock.

Second: Tons of animals today kill just for the fun of it. House cats, for one example. Do you have a cat that likes to go outside? If you do, they kill hundreds of animals, just for sport.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireCardinal wrote:
House cats, for one example. Do you have a cat that likes to go outside? If you do, they kill hundreds of animals, just for sport.

House cats have the Instinct to hunt for prey. However they are not taught how to eat (the mothers teach them, but if the mom wasn't taught to eat prey, then how could she teach it to the next generation? Wink )the animal after they have killed the other animal. They leave it alone when their prey stops moving and becomes uninteresting. Take a cat toy and move it around and see the cat get interested/hunt mode. Now drop it and they'll play with it, and they'll bat it around so it'll move. When the toy stops moving the cat will go about it's business.

FireCardinal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weasels also kill for fun.

Well, I went to a wolf sanctuary today, and the wolves seemed pretty happy, so maybe people could put wolves in places like that.

Edit: Llamas make good bodyguards, so farmers should use them more often.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if you took a bunch of wolves into a sanctuary, it'll be crowded, there will be fights and death of some wolves from competition of dominance and for food.

I agree that llamas could make good livestock guards, and so do mules; but my pepaw said that they'll kick a pregnant cow and make her miscarry or trample other livestock sometimes. He said that Great Pyrenees will be good guard dogs too, but they might kill the livestock too. So there's a lot of training and eye watching involved to ensure the protection from both predators and guard animals.

Raptor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llamas are pretty worthless from my experience.

Great Pyrenees are good livestock dogs, as are Anatolians. No guard animal is 100%. Generally, those who use guard dogs, including us, end up having to get rid of dogs who stop doing their jobs.
Vargen Saphia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is about wolves, not lifestock.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a discussion about wolves, and it's connected to the topic of livestock.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Web Earth Online Forum Index -> Critter Cam and Animal News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: